Monday, July 21, 2008

Taoyuan Camp Underway

Greetings! The RH team and I are now in Taoyuan, which is a city just 30 minutes south of Taipei. We are here for our second camp at Banner's church plant here. It's our second night here and there are 30 co-workers (Banner and RH) in all having one large slumber party at a church the size some living rooms. On top of that there are only 2 bathrooms to share! The queue for showing can be an hour or so.

We had our first day of camp today which was for mainly elementary school kids. It's kind of like a VBS for them. I think I had the most rowdy group of them all. I had at least 4 kids who probably would be diagnosed with ADD in the States, in my group. It was definitely a handful to look after them, and especially because the camp is held in the cramped space described above.

Even though our responsibilities as foreign teachers aren't as extensive as our previous camp, keeping up with the kids is a huge task in and of itself. We did lead them in some songs (YMCA, Going on a bear hunt, Father Abraham, Pharaoh Pharaoh) and co-led the workshops (Basketball for me). It was VERY hot today! Thankfully we were indoors most of the time.

Today was a good day. I'm pooped, but I feel good. Time for bed.

-Wes

No comments: